Saturday, March 1, 2008

Joining the world of blogging

So, my 17 year old son can't believe I am going to join the world of blogging. But I am a passionate knitter, and feel compeled to blog. I love to read other blogs.



I have knit for 4 or 5 years. I started knitting when my kids were getting older and needed to be car pooled everywhere. I lost my big blocks of time to sew. I am one of those people that has to have a creative outlet. The time had come to find a portable creative outlet.



But, for years I had hesitated to learn to knit. Both my mom and my mother-in-law knit. But, I thought they knit different ways, and I didn't want to learn from one and offend the other. Imagine my surprise when I found out that what my mom called "German Knitting" and my husband mother called "continental knitting" where the same thing. So, I picked up sticks, learned from both incredibly talented knitter moms, and I off I went! The funny thing is my daughter had knit some for years before I started.



Currently on sticks? 1 baby blanket, 1 pair of socks (learning 2 on 1 circular), 1 (2nd) sock for hubby on double points, 1 "Fiesta Feet" sock on double points (learning color stranding using "Philospher's wool" technique, and then a pair of socks with magic loop. That is all I can think of at the moment. I also have a passion for knitting.



I am "Karencreates" on ravelry. Have you found that "fiber world?" It is truely amazing.

Check it out at http://www.ravelry.com/.



I shop most frequently at All That Yarn - Knitting Salon. In fact I am heading there soon. Today is Block of the Month club day. We are working on making a 12 block afghan. What fun!



Oh well.... I am off to clean so I can justify picking up the sticks. I read on someone's blog recently that she makes herself exercise before she knits. I need to add that to my routine daily!



KNIT ON!

1 comment:

2sticks2 said...

I hear ya!!!! Boy are we alike when it comes to crafts! Check out my blog. Get the link from ravelry!!!